I once tried to microwave an egg, the yolk exploded and sprayed the inside of the microwave oven, a giant mess.but…..
I now use the microwave to make my breakfast eggs…..here’s how.
This is the original recipe:
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 small bell pepper
- 1 spicy pepper
- 1 small onion – optional
- Garlic Powder
- 4 or 5 pitted and diced olives – optional
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 or 5 eggs
Peel and cube tomatoes. Then cube other ingredients (fine) and saute in small pre-heated skillet with olive oil until slightly wilted (don’t totally kill the crunch) then over low heat crack eggs into the skillet and scramble cooking until eggs are fairly firm but the entire dish is slightly moist due to the vegetable juices.
About This Recipe:
This is probably the most popular egg dish in Turkey and certainly the most popular one that can be made without uniquely Turkish ingredients that could be hard to find.
This is how I do it with a microwave…
- Coat inside Bowl with oil
- Add a few Tablespoons Rotel Tomatoes
- Add handful Sausage Crumbles
- Add 1 cut Green Onion
- Add Handful of diced bell peppers
- Quick Stir and microwave 2 minutes
- Beat 2 eggs in separate cup and add to mixture
- Microwave 3 minutes
I have a breakfast in less than 7 minutes total.