Bonney and I have shopped at the Harris Teeter Store behind the Belle Meade Theater just past White Bridge Road a number of times recently. As we walk in we see a line of steel lockers on the left. Upon asking we were told that these lockers hold food ordered over the internet for later pick up at the store door. An empoyee shops the store and bags the food and stores it in one of the lockers waiting for customer pick-up. The customer drives up, purchases are loaded into the car and the customer pays by credit card or check.
Here are the details of the program…..
* The earliest Sunday pickup time is not available until 12:00 p.m. in NC and TN and 12:30 p.m. in GA due to state and local alcohol restrictions.
|Order Before||Pickup Times|
|7:00 AM||11:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|7:30 AM||11:30 AM – 7:00 PM|
|8:00 AM||12:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|8:30 AM||12:30 PM – 7:00 PM|
|9:00 AM||1:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|9:30 AM||1:30 PM – 7:00 PM|
|10:00 AM||2:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|10:30 AM||2:30 PM – 7:00 PM|
|11:00 AM||3:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|11:30 AM||3:30 PM – 7:00 PM|
|12:00 PM||4:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|12:30 PM||4:30 PM – 7:00 PM|
|1:00 PM||5:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|1:30 PM||5:30 PM – 7:00 PM|
|2:00 PM||6:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|2:30 PM||6:30 PM – 7:00 PM|
|3:00 PM||7:00 PM – 7:30 PM|
|3:00 PM||7:30 PM – 8:00 PM|
For same day pick up, orders must be placed by 3:00pm.
Please Note: There is a limit to the number of orders that are allowed per time slot. Once a time slot is full, it will no longer be available for selection during checkout.
Pricing Policy Harris Teeter strives to ensure all prices reflected online are accurate and the same as if you were shopping inside the store. The prices you are charged are the prices as of the pickup or delivery day. This may be different from what you see online for orders placed in advance. Harris Teeter’s Express Lane prices change at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday of each week to reflect the weekly ad starting Wednesday and ending Tuesday. If you order on Tuesday before 3:00 p.m. for Wednesday or later, your prices and order will not accurately reflect the prices seen on Tuesday while shopping online.
Please note, the prices listed on our Express Lane online shopping website will not be reflective of our in-store prices after 3:00pm on Tuesday afternoon.
- Weighed Items – The total on your order may vary slightly based on the true weight of the produce or meat items you have purchased. Be assured, however, that you will be charged only for the product you actually receive.
- Estimated Totals – When you checkout online, you will receive an “estimated total.” The final order total will differ to accurately reflect items sold by weight, items requested that are not found online and to adjust for any substitutions that are made to your order.
Payment Options Payment for Express Lane orders is taken at the store upon pickup. Before finalizing your online order, you will be asked to indicate if you are paying by credit card or check. To make your pickup process as fast and convenient as possible, credit card and check are the methods of payment regularly accepted online. However, if you would like to pay a different way such as cash or EBT, please let the store know this in your notes when you check out and we can make this accommodation.
Substitutions – “What if an item I ordered is not available?”In the checkout process we will ask you if you would like to allow for substitutions. Our goal is to never be out of stock on any item. However, if an item is out of stock our substitution policy is:
- To give you that same item in the closest size at the cost of the item you actually receive.
- If a sale item is substituted, you will only be charged the sale price.
- In most cases, we will substitute a national brand product for national brand and generic for generic.
- On certain items, we have a policy of not substituting unless you specifically tell us to do so. These items include baby products, soft drinks and hygiene products to name a few.
If you do not wish to accept substituted product at the time of pick-up, simply tell us and we will issue a complete refund for that item.
Coupons – “Can I use coupons with my Express Lane Order?”
- Coupons are accepted at the time of pickup and applied to your next online order. The actual coupon credit will not be shown online. However, the receipt you receive when you pickup up your groceries will reflect the discount. If you turn in a coupon for an item purchased on an order today, you don’t have to purchase that item on your next order. It’s simply a credit waiting for you. Anytime coupons are given during a Super Double or Triple coupon event, we make sure you get that credit on your next order as well.
100% Satisfaction- “What if I want to return an item?”Providing you with the freshest foods for your family is a primary goal.
- Your groceries will be meticulously selected and stored in the appropriate conditions until pick-up.
- If you have a question or are not 100% satisfied, please call us at 1-800-432-6111. A customer service representative is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
New Items – “What if I can’t find an item I am looking for?”
- If you are unable to locate a product online and would like to have it included with your order, click on the ‘Can’t Find It?’ link. Enter as much information about the product as possible and it will be added to your shopping cart. We will make our best attempt to locate the item in the store and add it to your order.
Special Instructions- “Can I add special instructions to my order?”
- You can add special instruction to items in your shopping cart by simply click the ‘Add Notes’ link below the product. During the checkout process you will also be given the opportunity, in the comments section, to add any other special instructions or comments for this order. For example, you can specify that you would like “Green Bananas” or “Extra Lean Turkey.” Also, if you want to allow for substitutions on all products except, for example, the milk you have selected, you can note that as well.
Pharmacy- “Can I add prescriptions to my order?”
- On the final checkout page, you can indicate that you would like to include a prescription or prescriptions with your order by checking the corresponding box. This alerts our personal shoppers that you have a prescription ready for pickup that you would like to include with your order. However, the prescription or refill order needs to be placed directly with our Harris Teeter pharmacy by phone. Our personal shoppers will not have access or be made aware of the kind of medicine you are including with your order. Due to federal and state regulations that require photo id for purchase and pick up of control substance prescriptions and PSE products, these transactions must occur at the pharmacy counter and cannot be included with an Express Lane order.
Customer Communications Email addresses will be used to confirm we have received your order. We may also use your email address or mailing address to send you specific specials and promotions. If you prefer not to receive these special offers, just call us at 1-800-432-6111 to speak with a customer service representative.
Your password allows Harris Teeter to know you are a current shopper. It also prevents others from shopping under your account. Your password is very important, protect it and don’t share it with others.
Personal Information Changes You can change your personal information at anytime by selecting ‘My Account’.
If you have questions about our commitment to privacy, call 1-800-432-6111 to speak with a customer service representative.
Alcohol and Tobacco- “Can I buy age restricted items on-line?” Orders containing alcoholic beverages and/or tobacco items are available for pick-up. Prior to handing you the order, the Harris Teeter employee will check identification to validate age. If an adult over the age of 21 for alcohol or 18 for tobacco is not present at the time of pickup, the alcohol products and/or tobacco items will be removed from the order.
Mother Nature It is our hope that ‘Mother Nature’ will never prevent us from fulfilling your order in a timely manner. If there are weather related incidences such as power outages or snow/ice storms that prevent product availability or employee access to the store, we will contact customers who have pending orders to make other suitable pickup arrangements.
Tipping It is our pleasure to provide this service to you, our valued customer. Providing this service is the primary responsibility of every Harris Teeter employee, therefore tips are not accepted. Your return business, recommendation to friends and family, and thanks are the best tip we can receive.
Your Privacy is our concern. At Harris Teeter, your privacy is our concern. We will not sell or give your name, address, email or personal information to anyone. We will occasionally use customer purchase records and other information to offer special promotions or coupons to our customers. We do not share personal information with anyone outside Harris Teeter.