It has become it difficult to learn of, and communicate with, new Cloister homeowners except those in the immediate neighborhood. The only reference to a new neighbor moving to The Cloister is a single one-time entry, sometimes containing a phone number, and sometimes not, in the printed monthly “The Cloister News“. The theory is that we are supposed to copy that information into our two year old printed Cloister directory. (perhaps fitting it into the margins of the page…or with Post-it notes?)
We get more information about a resident who dies than we get about a new resident who moves in. Are expectations too high regarding information contained in the official Cloister website located at http://www.cloisteratsthenry.com/ ? (Except for the public part, that website is password protected so contact information about any individual resident could be made available only to Cloister residents.)
The website is not maintained up-to-date..
There are many errors and omissions suggesting that the no one is keeping the website updated and useful to the residents.
Some of the long time residents tell me that “They don’t do computers.”
Many of us who have moved into the Cloister over the last decade say “We do computers and use the internet for many activities and communications.”
Here are a few observations about the official Cloister website:
- Absentee Ballot for the last Board of Director Election has not been removed.
- Financial Reports have entries for October and November 2011 and April 2012…nothing current
- The only Budget posted was for last year but nothing for 2012
- The only Homeowner Directory consists of images of the printed pages of a directory nearly 2 years old and does not include the 20% of residents who moved to The Cloister since the directory was printed.
- The Community News section has nothing in it.
- There is no insurance information about the blanket Cloister policy, we are told to contact Agency Fredrich, Pinson & Rothberg 615-327-0105
- There is no listing of the current Board of Directors. A note says “The Directory is NOT public. Please go to DOCUMENTS, click on DIRECTORY”. But there is no directory of the Board of Directors in DOCUMENTS
- There is no listing of the various Committee Chairpersons and committee members if we want to contact them about a Committee matter.
- The Calendar has no entries.
- The posted Homeowner’s Manual is simply an image of the printed page of a years-old manual and does not have the most recent updates to Cloister rules.
- A Cloister homeowner would hope the part of the website available to the general public would say nice things about living at the Cloister and the benefit of home ownership at The Cloister. When I Google the term “The Cloister at Saint Henry” I am pointed at the website which includes one sentence “Welcome to The Cloister at Saint Henry” with most of the rest of that page appearing to be advertising for the management company we pay from our monthly home owner’s association fees.
We homeowners also pay an extra annual charge for that website. Do we expect too much if we look to an accurate, up-to-date and current website that is positive about living in The Cloister, contains information about Cloister operations and finances, and supports Cloister home market values?